Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Broken Foot.

Well here is a picture from last Thursday. I was riding my pet giraffe, he got running really fast and then pulled up short and I fell off (actually I stepped on a blanket, hiding under the blanket was a sippy cup, which of course rolled and tripped me up). It was a long way to fall and of course I twisted both of my ankles. The right one took the full weight of my fall and so I broke my posterior malleolus bone on the lower back of the tibia. I also put a little crack in the fibula. The doctor put me in this boot to support the ankle but told me not to walk on it. So I am hobbling around with a walker, and hopping on my sprained, left ankle.
I am so glad to have good helpers here to take care of me. I am spending a lot of time in the recliner with both legs elevated. Everyone brings me medicine, drinks and anything else I happen to need.
The really frustrating thing is that I can't work until I can walk on the foot. Which means that for now I am using personal leave and my coworkers are having to pick up the shifts. I feel really bad about that, wish I could do something about it, but I can't.
I go back to the doctor on Thursday and then we talk about how well it is healing and what the future course will be.

2 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope it heals quickly!

Esther said...

I'm sorry about your broken foot and sprained other ankle--that will teach you to have those pet giraffes in the house! Take care, and heal quickly.