Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Talk in Church and Article to Read.

Last Sunday, January 22, I had the opportunity to give a wee talk in Sacrament Meeting. I used an old Limmerick as the basis of my talk: "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats, each cat had seven kits. Kits, cats, sacks, wives, how many were going to St. Ives?" I then said how often we get caught up in worrying about the wrong things. We spend time trying to figure out how many were going when the simple answer is there all along. Of course only 1 person was going to St. Ives.

Often in our lives we also get trapped going the wrong way. When we should be focusing on our testimony of Jesus Christ and on the atonement in our lives, instead of all the many things we can be busy with.

As we were home teaching Brother Bradley we discussed an article in the new BYU Magazine on page 36, called "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brother Brad Wilcox. He gave this devotional address on July 12, 2011. "http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=2968". It can also be found at speeches.byu.edu. This is an amazing article and really clarifies the topic of Grace and the Atonement. I was so impressed and feel like this talk is one that I want to keep with my scriptures and read occasionally.

No comments: