Monday, September 2, 2013

June trip to Nebraska

    In June we made another trip during one of my 8 day stretches from work.  I usually work 6 shifts of 12 hours each in a row the the Emergency Department at Logan Regional Hospital.  I work Thursday through Tuesday, and then I get 8 days off.  Most weeks I will pick up an extra shift during by time off, or there are activities in the Branch to keep us busy.  It is great when we decide to go on a trip, because I don't need to take time off work.  We just leave.  So we left on Wednesday after sleeping for a few hours.  Stayed in a hotel in Cheyenne and then spent a few days in Bellevue before returning the same way.  It was fun because Jon had just returned from a deployment with the Air Force in Qatar.





We were there and able to celebrate Ady's 6th birthday.  She got to open presents, have a fun cake and then we went to dinner at the Spaghetti Works.  (Great place to eat)  Dad loves the pasta there.


 The next day we went to the Omaho Zoo.  What a wonderful place.  The animals are kept in areas with plenty of shade, water and the areas look clean and normal,  I like it.
 One of my favorite places is the butterfly house.  It is great to walk through there and have butterflies flying all around and if you hold still they will even land on you.  I love this bench right outside.  A great place to rest, eat a snack and take pictures.

Will's favorite place was the dinosaur exhibit.  They had huge animated dinosaurs, making noises and moving.  It was awesome.  He is very fascinated with dinosaurs right now.  That is not surprising because I have always been fascinated by them.
 Dad, just chilling.  He enjoys finding a comfortable place and letting the activities move all around him.  I enjoy being in the thick of the activities.  Jon and I had a chance to play "Magic".  I have not played that in ages, it was tricky trying to remember how to play, but Jon gave me a great deck of cards and it was fun to whip him.  I also enjoyed playing with Ady and Will and coloring with them.  It was great to visit with them.
Cute picture of Ady and Will looking out the window.  I think this was when Jon took Perdita (their dog) out for a walk.  They are so busy and involved in life.  It is great to watch them grow up.

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

Next time you're in the Omaha area, let us know! We'd love to visit with you.